how to install luarocks on windows 10
This topic will quickly cover the installation of Luarocks on Windows 10.
Here the steps to follow:
- Search on your browser for luarocks.org;
- Click on "Install" up on the site's top bar;
- Scroll down to the "Installing" section and click "Installation instructions for Windows";
- Click on the link provided by the second point list or click on "latest win32.zip file here";
- Download the package named "luarocks-3.4.0-win32.zip (legacy Windows package, includes Lua 5.1)" --> Save --> Extract
- As the installation guide suggest you have to download Microsoft Visual Studio;
- After the installation open its Command Prompt integrated --> View --> Terminal;
- From the terminal change directory inside the file you have extracted earlier the run this command --> ".\INSTALL.BAT /F";
- Say yes to administrator privileges request;
- Copy the path to their specific location;
- Now if you run "luarocks" you'll see a detailed helper guide in order to use it.